“Only as high as I can reach can I grow, only as far as I seek can I go, only as deep as I look can I see, only as much as I dream can I be.”
Homework for August 20th, 2012
Practice your graduation speeches.
Homework for August 13th, 2012
Guess what! No homework for Monday! Yeah!
Homework for the Week of August 7th, 2012
1. We talked about your graduation ceremony, which is on August 30th.Think about what you would like to say and share. You’ll need to decide what you’d like to talk about and start writing next week.
2. Review the vocabulary from the last week.
3. Irregular Verbs 6: Click on the link below to study the new set of irregular verbs.
4. Fill in the blanks: Lazy Day by Bruno Mars
Last week’s homework
We are going to the UBC Gardens and Biodiversity Museum on Monday. Remember to wear sports shoes because we are going to walk a lot.Here is the link to the museum’s website. http://beatymuseum.ubc.ca/
Here is the link to the UBC Botanical Garden: http://www.botanicalgarden.ubc.ca/
1. Vocabulary for Week 10: Field trip to the Aquarium
Click on the link below to practice the words from the last week.
2. Complete your grammar sheets and hand them in on Monday or Tuesday.
3. Check out the Olympic Games page on the website.
Last week’s homework
1.Irregular verbs 5: Have – Lead
Click on the link below to study the verbs.
2. Complete your grammar sheet and hand it in on Monday.
3. Complete Let’s Remember Together sheet to prepare for the mid-term consultations.
Last Week’s homework
3. Reading and Listening: Read the jokes and funny stories and/or watch the jokes video. You’ll be recording a joke or a funny story on the Voicethread next week. If the jokes I gave you are not funny, find another joke to tell.
Reading: Read The Two Sisters
4. Click on the link below to review the field trip vocabulary.
Last week’s homework:
1. Study the vocabulary with the word hang: hang out, hang up, hang up on, hang tight, hang loose, get the hang of it and hangover. The listening is on the home page. We’ll review these expressions on Monday.Study the vocabulary from Seinfeld: The PIck ( witness, disgusting, penetration. make a call, nostril) Here is the link.http://quizlet.com/_7nbbu
2. Listening: If you got the The Pick handout, fill in the missing words in the script and try to answer the other questions including the vocabulary. Give it to me to check on Monday.
5. Keep reviewing Emotions/feelings
Keep reviewing the vocabulary you studied with Nora.Click on the link below to practice Sound,Texture, Quality, and Emotions and Texture
Last Week’s Homework
2. Irregular Verbs:Click on the link below to practice the irregular verbs from fit to hang. You’ll have a quiz on Thursday, July 5th, 2012.
Irregular Verbs 4
3. Reading: Group A: Amal, Bryan, Hadeel, Kenneth, Mena, Fyona, Rafid
Click on the following link below. Choose Grade 1: Passage, 1, 2, 3, and 4. Grade 2: Passage 1, 2, 3, 4, Grade 3: Passages 1, 2, 3, and 4
Group B: Esho, Heba, Farah
Click on the link below. Choose Grade 5: Passage 1 Grade 6: Passage, 1, 2, 3, 4
Homework for the Week of June 25th, 2012
4. Click on the link below to review the vocabulary from the last week.
5.Click on the link below to practice the irregular verbs from Draw to Find. Take a look at your yellow sheet. You’ll have a quiz on (Thursday)June 28th, 2012.
This is a good website to practice Irregular Verbs 1:http://www.manythings.org/repeat/1.html
4. Reading: If you haven’t read your story, read it and do the exercises. If I checked your homework, practice telling your story.
5. Everybody: Practice signing in to your my.vcc.ca account and VCC student e-mail account:
- Your VCC e-mail address is email@example.com (example: firstname.lastname@example.org) so that’s what you should put in the ‘login’ box. I’m guessing your password is your birthday – MMDDYY
To play a game with the words like know, now, hear, here, click on the link below. You can find the same link on our vocabulary page.
Last Week’s Homework: June4th to June7th
1. Grammar: Comparison of Adjectives: Click on the link below to do some exercises.
Grammar: Comparison of Adjectives: Click on the link below to do some exercises.